Back to Music and violence
1. From Alice Cooper to Marilyn Manson The Significance of Adolescent Antiheroes" Jeff Q. Bostic, M.D., Ed.D., Steve Schlozman, M.D., Caroly Pataki, M.D., Carel Ristuccia, Eugene V. Beresin, M.D. and Andrés Martin, M.D., M.P.H.. Academic Psychiatry 27:54-62, March 2003
2. North, A. C., Hagreaves, D. J., and O'Neill. S. A. (2000). The importance of music to adolescents. Br. J. Educ. Psychol. 70(2): 255-272
3. "Heavy Metal Music and Adolescent Suicidal Risk", Michel Claes, Eric Lacourse, Martine Villeneuve; Journal of Youth and Adolescence, Vol. 30, 2001
4. "The Relationship between Heavy Metal and Rap Music on Adolescent Turmoil: Real or Artifact?" Kevin J. Took, David S. Weiss; Adolescence, Vol. 29, 1994
5. North AC, Hargreaves DJ. Related Articles, Problem music and self-harming. Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2006 Oct;36(5):582-90.
6. "Secrets in the Bedroom: Adolescents' Private Use of Media", Reed Larson; Journal of Youth and Adolescence, Vol. 24, 1995